Our mission is to assist cancer patients who reside in Lawrence County, Indiana if insurance or another source is not available.
- Food Supplements
- Transportation to treatments or Physicians
- Medical Supplies
- Wigs after chemotherapy
- Medical Equipment (walkers, wheelchairs, shower chairs, commodes)
- Prosthesis and bras after surgery
- Mammograms or PSA tests
- Medicine (limited)
- Some help with utilities or rent on an exception basis
- Limited amount for personal needs
All donations stay in Lawrence County. We are an all volunteer organization with no paid members. We are not affiliated with the American Cancer Society or Relay for Life.
Some of the other things we do for patients are:
- LCCPS holds a Celebration for Life dinner on a Sunday in October for cancer survivors. Everyone who has had cancer in Lawrence County is invited and asked to bring a caregiver. The dinner is free and often there is music or some type of entertainment. People love to come out and visit with other cancer survivors and catch up on news. Its a good time to meet the people we help and be reminded of why we do what we do.
- LCCPS makes baskets of useful and fun items for various holidays and seasons of the year and take them to the different treatment facilities to give to cancer patients from Lawrence County coming in for chemo or radiation. The little baskets or bags are called "cheer baskets" because they are meant to cheer up the patients and let them know they are being thought of. They contain practical things such packets of Kleenex's, chapsticks, and/or warm socks as well as fun holiday items to make the patient smile.
"This organization has impacted the lives of many patients and families in Lawrence County. The volunteers go above a beyond to serve Lawrence County residents affected by cancer and their families.""Thank you for your support during my daughter's illness. Your generosity helped lift an additional burden to my family. Groups like yours do so very much to help people. I thank you for being there."
"Thank you for your support during my daughter's illness. Your generosity helped lift an additional burden to my family. Groups like yours do so very much to help people. I thank you for being there."
My father was a big supporter of this foundation and what they do. He believed they were doing good, and they helped him with his battle. I recommend the complete support of this institution. ❤
Lawrence Cancer Services, I wish to express my sincere gratitude for your gift of a gas card. They have helped us out so much driving back and forth to Indy for surgery, and treatments. Chemo has started and we hope to be complete by Jan. So we can have surgery #3. I am just so blessed by your generosity and care that you give to our community. I certainly hope to be able to give back a pay it forward one day.
I want to thank you for the gas card that you gave me , so that I could go to my cancer check up. It is very much appreciated!
They helped our son and myself. Great help for all. Bless your hearts. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️